Welcoming Home Your Beloved through the Alchemy of Body WisdomFebruary 6, 2017
The Body Alchemy of Relational NeuroscienceFebruary 21, 2017
CranioSacral Therapy has an impact on the development and health of a babies/child’s nervous system.
Some important facts for parents to know about their child’s development:
- Our early relational experiences inscribe themselves on our neural systems.
- Tiny interactions between parent and child hardwires into the brain/body system.
- This hardwiring goes into the limbic system which sets the emotional tone for the child?s development ,e.g. tags important events, stores highly charged emotional memories such a surgery, birth and the emotional tones of the environment, modulates motivation, controls appetite and sleep cycles, the sense of smell, and modulates one?s libido as well as promotes bonding.
- A child takes in information through all of their senses including their skin, at a fast rate and stores it in their emotional and cellular memory.
- A child?s brain has over 100 billion neurons or brain cells, they are strengthened by their sensory experiences particularly the positive ones that encourage links between the cells.
- A healthy and relaxed child, who is well bonded in trust to their primary caregivers, develops a strong nervous system, a balanced metabolism and a healthy mind, that is able to make good decisions and respond resiliently to life events.
- Traumatic or difficult challenges are met and resolved and not so easily stored in the brain and the body. The nervous system moves easily from sympathetic to parasympathetic responses and a child or infant can settle and self-soothe.
CranioSacral therapy settles the nervous system, balances the limbic system and helps a child to develop the optimal neuronal connections for a healthy brain that has good cognition and awareness. They will feel more settled in their body and be able to respond to life in an open curious and creative manner. Trust in their own bodies and the flexibility of healthy fascia and tissues makes a child’s body grow a stronger and more vital immune system to withstand stressors and illness.